We at Orbital Eye are passionate about the integration of Earth Observation (EO) technology into sustainable monitoring solutions for a wide variety of EO-based processes and activities.
Our flagship product CoSMiC-EYE is an EO-based subscription service for monitoring activities, like excavations and construction, along linear infrastructure, aimed at reducing the risk of accidental damage. For this we leverage the unique EO capabilities of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites, supplemented with medium and high-resolution data from multispectral (MS) and optical satellites. This means we are collecting and processing many thousands of square kilometers of satellite data on a daily basis to derive and provide actionable intelligence to our customers.
With our customer base growing rapidly, we are now looking to strengthen our backend DevOps team with a skilled software engineer who is passionate about exploiting space technology and data for the benefit of the environment and society and help us further automate and scale our production system to cope with the growing monitoring tasks while keeping the amounts of operational resources manageable.
In this role you will be involved in developing and maintaining the processing environment used to generate and deliver our satellite-based monitoring services globally. This includes building, scaling and monitoring of our processing chains and orchestration systems, enabling easy and fast access to our services, and those of our partners. In addition, you will be working closely with the R&D and Analysts Team to further extend their AI and data analytics capabilities and integrate their system enhancements and new service prototypes into production.
We welcome you to apply if you recognize yourself (or want to grow into) the profile below:
– Relevant BSc/MSc degree
– 2+ years working experience
– Ambition to work in a start-up/scale-up environment requiring flexibility
– Passionate about EO and applications thereof
– Experienced/skilled in software development in Python
– Experience with Version Control and Continuous Integration Systems
– Enthusiastic to work closely with data scientists and analysts to co-create better solutions
– Fluent in English (verbally and in writing)
– Good communicator
– Valid/existing work permit for the EU
The following is considered an asset:
– Experience with handling and processing EO data
– Full professional proficiency in another language
– Experience with docker and/or cloud computing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com